Why Brown? Hear from our alumni!
CHECK OUT OUR PODCAST!
- Find on Spotify: https://open.spotify.
- Find on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/
podcast/brown-pediatrics- residency-program-welcome/ id1535013149?i=1000494533824
- Find on the internet: https://
brownmedpeds.libsyn.com/brown- pediatrics-residency-program- welcome
Welcome to the Brown/Rhode Island Hospital Residency Program in Pediatrics! Our program includes 16 categorical, 4 Med-Peds and 3 Triple Board residents every year and we are the only pediatric residency in the state of Rhode Island.
The majority of our clinical training takes place in the 7-story, 87 bed Hasbro Children’s Hospital, the pediatric division of Rhode Island Hospital. Our training also takes us to the Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode Island that holds an 80 bed NICU and 60 newborn bassinets.
We are a residency built on teamwork, collegiality and service to the community. Our residents are committed to the health of the community. In the past 4 years, residents of our program have received 4 CATCH grants issued by the AAP. We regularly participate in the refugee and Teen Tot clinics as well as travel abroad to learn from our colleagues in Kenya, Cambodia and Haiti.
Residents have also successfully published papers while they are still in training. Graduates of our program go on to be leaders in the community in both general pediatrics as well as subspecialty training.
We encourage you to take a look at our website and reach out to the program leadership and residents should you have any questions!
Our Core Values
The Brown/Hasbro Pediatric Residency is an academic program geared towards training clinically skilled, empathetic pediatricians who will become tomorrow’s leaders in child health in an environment of diversity and inclusion.
Our mission is to:
1. Foster a training environment geared at sharpening clinical skills through evidence-based medicine and embracing collaborative team based approach when caring for children.
2. Provide opportunities for residents to explore the various specialties within pediatrics and to engage in academic scholarship that would enable them to be successful in whatever field they choose
3. Prepare residents with leadership, advocacy and research skills that will allow them to be child health pioneers in their chosen fields.
4. Train residents to be leaders and advocates for social change
Learn more about joining the house staff at Hasbro Children’s Hospital and Rhode Island Hospital
Links to affiliated programs:
Brown Med/Peds Program: https://brownmedpedsresidency.org
Brown Triple Board Program: https://www.brown.edu/tripleboard
Brown Pediatric Fellowship Program: https://brownpedsfellowships.org
Brown Medical School: https://medical.brown.edu